School Projects

Fun Projects

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Vacation Packing Update

Today I started to get serious about packing.

Here is an updated picture of my staging area.

I also had to break out my sewing machine again. On these long road trips we let our kids watch more TV then usual (Why didn't they have portable DVD players when I was a kid?)

Our old player died, so here is the new one:

While shopping for this thing, we saw a nifty bag that you could use to hang the DVD player, so it was easier to see. It cost $30. The Dutch blood in me revolted, and I announced that I could make that. Aaron took me at my word, so I had to put my money were my mouth was.

I sewed a pocket for the DVD player, and then added a loop across the back to string a piece of rope through. I'm not sure what we are going to attach the rope to, but Aaron says he has that all worked out. It doesn't hang quite straight up and down (Aaron started talking about counter-weights.....), but I don't think the kids will complain as long as Bob the Builder is playing!

2 comments:

~ Tandis ~ said...

Your packing looks all done! You're something amazing in the organizing department. :)

Jessica said...

Between an engineer and a clever seamstress, I am confident that you will figure out a pocket to hang your player on/in. Who knows, this may be Aaron's million dollar idea, if you can make it for $9.99, plus handling and shipping.