School Projects

Fun Projects

Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas is Coming: Day 3

The temperature hovered around sixty degrees today, so I sent the children outside to play this afternoon.  They got delightfully muddy and messy, but they decided to come back inside at just the wrong second.  I was in the middle of arranging some dogwood and evergreen branches, and my materials were spread in all the places the kids wanted to play.  What to do, what to do.......
How about get them busy making the first Christmas treats of the season!
I finished up my project while they happily unwrapped Hershey's Kisses and spread them on cookie sheets, inside of pretzel circles.
Add some red and green candy and you have a tasty treat called "Reindeer Noses."
(Image and recipe found at House and Hilltop)
It worked like a charm.  It took them just long enough to set up the treats for me to finish up my project.  Then we taste-tested a few samples and packaged up the rest for future eat.
Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

~ Tandis ~ said...

Sounds like it all worked out.

I have red branches and evergreen to decorate with too. They are still waiting for me to find a pot for them to look like decorations IN. =/

I had thoughts of doing a bunch of Christmas blogs too. So far you're 2:2 ahead of me. Haha. Nice work!

Jamie said...

I had that exact same project/treat on my list for tomorrow...until I realized I bought kisses with almonds in them instead of the regular kind...guess we'll just have to eat that bag and go buy another :)

Jessica said...

I'd never get any made. I'd keep eating the M & M's.

Jamie said...

I also saw a variation of this (thank you, Pinterest!) using Rolos instead of chocolate kisses and pecans on top instead of M&M's - oooh, yum!