School Projects

Fun Projects

Monday, July 20, 2015

Birdhouses in Summertime

One of the things my kids like to do every summer is paint birdhouses for me.  I'm not much for garden art or nick-knack decorating, and I'm also not much of a birdwatcher, but I do have a soft spot for these little multi-colored treasures.  The best part is that you can find the wooden craft items for as little as 99 cents, which is a very inexpensive way to make four kids and one mom very happy.

On the particular day this project was done, two children worked very quickly and got their morning chores done in time to feature in the photo session.  Two other children dawdled, and consequently had to do their painting much later under slightly less happy circumstances.
In the end, lessons on speedily completing tasks aside, they all turned out gorgeously
Happy summer, everyone.

No comments: