School Projects

Fun Projects

Friday, August 19, 2011

As the Work Week Draws to a Close

It's been a pretty busy week here at Kolstehause.

We've all been working away on various projects.
Dirt was moved:


Check SpellingRhubarb was cut and baked (Thank you to "internet Ann" for the fantastic Rhubarb Cake recipe).



Ian helped mix the cement for the gazebo deck posts. It was the perfect job for a junior helper - it was dirty and involved long sticks.


Yesterday, the kids painted these pavers for me. I had dug them out of a bizarre "walkway" in our backyard and saved them - because I KNEW they would somehow be useful. This afternoon, with the paint all dry, we moved them into my back garden, to make a colorful walkway to the bird bath. Since it is a shade garden, there isn't a lot of flower color, so I've been adding it in other ways. The kids liked this addition especially, because now they can safely refill the bird bath by themselves.

But if you are two, all this work has been pretty tiring, so if you take a little break and fall asleep reading your book, nobody is going to bother you about it.


2 comments:

~ Tandis ~ said...

The garden walk is my favorite :)
Impressive work done!! Good to see Ian at it.

Jessica said...

OH my, oh my, history is repeating itself with a sleeping child and a book on her face.....