This is another update post, of sorts. Way back at the beginning of this month, I tried to condense Ian's "Nature Collection". It only worked temporarily, since the collection continued to be added to (you can't really make clay impressions of opossum skulls anyway).
Ian glued the disks and labels to a piece of cardboard, which we then stuck inside an old box frame I had stored away. It is a bit of an improvised shadow box, but at least I didn't have to leave the house to make it. Maybe after the opossum skull is totally dried out, it can have it's very own box too. That box MIGHT get stored in a closet.