School Projects

Fun Projects

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Breakfast Treats

A few days ago I woke up a little earlier then usual and decided to make a treat for breakfast.  This cool fall weather has gotten me into the baking mood and good old Pinterest supplied me with this recipe from the website Camille Styles to make some breakfast donuts.  Now, I have noticed from some of the blogs I read that there is a controversy over baked donuts.  Some people consider only fried donuts to be truly donuts and the baked variation to be some sort of cake.  I was curious what other people thought, so I asked my Facebook friends and most of them agreed: donuts must be fried to be donuts.  One friend did muddy the waters a bit by comparing baked donuts to bagels, but we can just ignore that idea.  In the end, it was decided that I made breakfast muffins, not donuts, but since they tasted really yummy it didn't really matter.

As I started making the batter for my donuts-muffins, I heard the pitter-patter of little feet and two little helpers appeared.  First we mixed the batter, then we baked the donut-muffins,
 and finally we dipped the tops in melted butter and swirled them in cinnamon-sugar.
 My little helpers taste-tested the donut-muffins as soon as they were cool enough to handle
 and gave them a big thumbs up.
Whatever they are, we'll be baking those donut-muffins again, probably very soon!

Happy baking, Everyone!

2 comments:

~ Tandis ~ said...

Yummy! I like that your two helpers were the girls. Such a nice time with mom. :-)

I made some awesome donut-muffins last year. Wow yum! And even though they were sweet, they had to be healthier than fried donuts, right?

Jessica said...

Fun and delicious=winning combination