School Projects

Fun Projects

Monday, March 23, 2015

New Activity On Old Projects

Hello and welcome to Monday!  Did you all have a nice weekend?  We did.  It was one of those rare weekends where we didn't have any places we HAD to go or official things we MUST accomplish.  Don't get me wrong, there were plenty of things to DO (there always are), but there was no real pressure to do any particular thing.  It was productive, but in a nice and relaxed sort of way.

I decided that I was finally going to get started on Brynn's new birthday.....er, Christmas.....er, Easter dress.  I don't know why I never got around to sewing this thing, since I've had the material and pattern sitting around since last October, but until Saturday it just sat untouched in the bottom of a bin.  I didn't get it finished yet, but I made enough progress over the weekend to ensure that I will get it completed in time for Easter and only six months late.
I wasn't the only one, though, who got going on a long overdue project.  Aaron did as well, and he actually finished his.  I don't want to get too excited or anything, or make a bigger deal out of what he did than I should, but to say that I am extremely pleased is not an understatement.

A few years ago we did a major renovation of our living room and entry way that included a new front door:
Unless you are very observant, you may not have noticed that the place where a dead bolt should be located in the door is stuffed with something that is not a dead bolt.  It is, in fact, a sock.  A formerly black sock that with the passing of several years has been bleached greyish-whitish-yellowish.  Please don't ask me why we used a sock to stuff the hole.  That discussion is not pertinent to this post.
 Whatever the reason for the sock, it is irrelevant now, because the sock is gone.  Permanently.  I threw it away as soon as Aaron took it out to start working on installing the actual dead bolt.
 And there it is:
 It ain't fancy, but it also ain't a sock.  That makes me a happy woman and confirms that this past weekend was a very successful one.

Happy sock-less front doors, everyone!


2 comments:

Jessica said...

That stupid sock has been a secret source of frustration and fear for me ever since it was "installed."

Dana said...

As a mother-in-law you clearly don't nag enough =)