School Projects

Fun Projects

Monday, April 1, 2013

This Past Weekend

April Fools Day is drawing to a close and nobody played any tricks on me.  I'm not too disappointed, actually.  Don't get me wrong, I like a good prank now and then (and try to show good grace when I am the victim), but today I just wasn't feelin' it.

I do feel like showing off a few of the things we got done this weekend.  One of the most exciting achievements was the cleaning of our garage.  It had become the dumping ground for tools, construction supplies, toys, yard equipment and other miscellaneous "stuff" and Aaron decided it desperately needed attention.  Several hours, and a trip to Menards (for shelving) and the dump (you don't want to know what went to the dump - suffice it to say that some of the items used to be alive...) later, the garage is almost pretty.  Hurrah.
Then, late at night, Aaron also installed the curtain rod over our front window.  
I'd be a little more excited about this if I had actually had the curtains themselves ready to hang, but for now I can be excited to hang the current bed sheet in a little more style.  Aaron told me I had 8 month deadline to get the curtains up onto the rods, but I'm hoping I can beat that deadline by several weeks (or maybe even several months).

And what was I doing, you ask, while Aaron was slaving away on our house and garage?  I was frantically trying to finish up the Easter dresses I was making the girls.  I had started with plenty of time, but somehow I kept finding other things that had to get done first.  Then, the weekend arrived, and it was crunch time.  
Wouldn't you know, in the hustle and bustle of Easter morning, I forgot to get a picture of the two girls together in their new dresses.  I'll be sure to do it soon.

On Easter Sunday, we visited a different church, because one of my younger sisters and her husband were being commended as missionaries to the country of Burundi as part of that church's Easter service.  It was a unique a way to consider the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, as the starting point for their obedience to the Great Commission. 

The weekend ended with food and family (first my family and then Aaron's), as all holidays should.  I hope you all had a joyful Easter and a pleasant April Fool's Day too.

2 comments:

~ Tandis ~ said...

The dresses are very cute.
Aaron's garage now looks better than ours.
Your living room is going to be awesome whenever those curtains come. Your house is another HUGE step towards done. :)

Jessica said...

Haha, not all of Aaron's junk made it to it's final destination. Your father was involved and there was adetour and some purloining going on. ;) Get a picture of those girls in their dresses.