School Projects

Fun Projects

Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day Joy

Happy belated Mother's Day Everyone!  I enjoyed reading all the Facebook posts about breakfasts in bed and  flowers planted and pleasant outings that people were sharing yesterday.  "My day" was somewhat less then ideal, as three of my kids were still in the midst of some sort of nasty flu bug, but all the kind words, thoughts, and pictures that were being passed around were encouraging to me.  The Dairy Queen ice cream that I found in the freezer at the end of the day was also encouraging! (Thanks Aaron)
Disease may have laid my poor kids very low, but that didn't keep them from giving me cards.  I can thank my own mother for that - so I will: Thanks Mom, you are pretty great.  (I should also mention that she gets bonus mom points for coming over and cleaning up after sick grandchildren.  My mom can answer any and all questions about getting massive amount of laundry done, should you ever need to know!)  On Project Day last week she kicked all the Moms out of art class for a "Secret Project".  Without any support she shoe-horned five rowdy grandchildren into making very fancy Mother's Day cards.  Then the kids hand-delivered the cards and sang us "Happy Mother's Day to You."  It was a fun surprise and the cards were very special.
I shouldn't end this post without saying Happy Mother's Day to my mother-in-law, Mary Jo, too.  Thanks for letting me marry your son and for being such a nice mother-in-law and loving grandma.  I hope you had a lovely day (even though most of my crew missed your brunch).

And now, back to the regular business of being a Mom.  Happy 364 days until the next Mother's Day.

2 comments:

~ Tandis ~ said...

And thus begins our MOther's blogging career. First blog post: how to get massive amounts of laundry done fast! :)

I'm glad your house is on the mend. uffda. Now on the praying for our house and Jamie's not to get sick too. =/

Happy Mother's Day. You are a great example and encouragement to me. Thank you for being the great Mom you are to your children. They will never forget their fun loving project doing Mom. :) xoxo.

Jessica said...

Haha, Tandis. I could never write a blog. I wouldn't be able to think of anything to say if I was under pressure to perform.

It was pretty hilarious watching the creative juices flowing through the kids. "Less is more" is definitely not a concept in their darling little heads.