School Projects

Fun Projects

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Paint and Clay

Wow, the last few days have been crazy! We had a great time with family during the 4th of July weekend - playing games, eating WAY too much food, watching parades and getting full of sand while watching fireworks on the beach. I loved every minute of it. But before all those festivities consumed my time, I did manage to do a little projecting last week. In my previous post, I documented my discovery of oven-hardening clay. Since I wasn't very impressed with my creations, the next day I decided to play around with the finished products and see what else I could do with them.
Step 1: apply paint
Step 2: Wipe paint back off.
The metallic paint was the most fun, because even after I wiped it off the top, it left a slight gleam behind, that just slightly changed the color of the clay.
I see lots of clay in my future. But for now, my sewing machine awaits! (If I can find it under the pile of laundry that is demanding attention first.)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That looks fun. I learned about wiping paint off to leave darker shades when I painted those nativity figures. They automatically stuck in the crevices.
We would never think you were lazy, by the way.

~ Tandis ~ said...

The metallic paint is very cool. They look pretty neat. I can't wait to see what else you come up with in the clay projects.