School Projects

Fun Projects

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Will You Be My Valentine?

Well, Valentine's Day has come and gone, so I better share what we did - which was basically eat way too much junk food and candy.  Since we don't really celebrate Halloween, I figure this is a good way to compensate.  I did not take pictures of this gorge-fest, but I'm pretty sure you can imagine it for yourself.
I did initially package said treats in cute envelopes that I made, but of course those weren't needed for very long.....
I used a piece of felt, with the top third cut into a point.
Then, using scraps of felt and fabric glue, I made little "stamps."
Next, I hand-sewed the sides together, and around the top, to make the envelope.  I stuck Valentine-themed pencils and a few other things inside as well, just to sort of balance out the candy (but who am I kidding, really?).
Blair LOVED Valentine's Day.
I also received quite a haul of kid-decorated Valentines myself.  They may not fit the traditional mold, but it proves that my kids really do love me.  Oh, and I shouldn't forget the 13 red roses my husband delivered.  Nope, that's not a typo - he always gets 13, since everybody else only gets a dozen.  He knows how to make me feel special.
I hope your Valentine's Day was as sweet and special as ours was.  Now I just can't wait until next year!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Dana, those envelopes are really cute. I suppose they are re-usable?

Aaron said...

We will have to remember to feed this to Blair instead of cake on her 2nd birthday... the cake was a flop...

Bassett said...

Cute envelopes, Dana! I will be waiting for one in the mail. ;-)

As for the 13 roses from Aaron, that is pretty cute of him to do 13. =)

Jeremy got me a pot of a bunch of tulips because I love tulips so much...and because he loves my "two-lips". ;-)

~ Tandis ~ said...

DANA! YOU RASCAL! :) You always beat me to projects. I wanted to make these as well. Mine had a little different stitching idea but overall the same thing. SO CUTE! I'm glad your kids enjoyed them.

Sonja ~ "two-lips"... LOL. TMI. ;) jk.