School Projects

Fun Projects

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Fathers and Sons

I once read a list containing "100 Things a Boy Should Try."  It covered all sorts of things from camping in the backyard to attending a play, reading a book to playing an instrument.  It was a pretty basic list, but it was the kind of thing that mothers like to read to make sure there aren't any terrible holes left in their child's development because she "forgot something".
One of the things on the list was "Build a model with Dad."  Most mothers would probably have said "Okay, that's a Dad activity.  I don't have to worry about it."  But not me.  At Christmas time I had to be the one to go out and buy the model, so that Aaron and Ian wouldn't miss out on this unique male bonding experience.  I blame my OCD - if it's on a list, it must be checked off.  Thankfully, my gracious husband puts up very kindly with these obsessions of mine.
Yesterday, they got down to business:
This may have been a father-son activity, but the girls were not about to miss the action!
One last piece.....
Ian is in love with his model (a Spitfire WW2 plane) and was thrilled to get to build it with Daddy.  So, despite my interference, this "no girls allowed" activity can be safely crossed off my Mommy list.  Whew!  What a relief.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Your pictures crack me up, especially the one with the girls watching so intently.

~ Tandis ~ said...

Are you making a scrap book of these 100 things?? How cool would that be!?!!!

I agree, the picture of the girls and knowing what they were watching is precious.

amalison said...

Brynn gets that same intense look I remember you having as a kid. You can tell her bright little mind is just soaking it up. =)