School Projects

Fun Projects

Friday, March 16, 2012

What Do You Do When it is 70 Degrees in March?

You don't waste time indoors doing projects. Duh!!
The big kids have been busy renewing their acquaintence with their bikes and scooters, as well as the backyard in general.
Blair has been loving the outside, although the rough terrain has her flat on her tummy more then is normal.  She loves to climb, so that has caused some excitement too.  I think I am already glad that #4 will be spending most of the summer strapped into a car carrier or stroller!
I did manage to find one project that I could do outside, though.  For a long time I have wanted to get some sort of sign or plaque to hang above my refrigerator - in that odd place where MOST people have a cabinet of some sort.  But, I haven't found any saying or phrase that I liked enough to make a permanent fixture.  Then, at the grocery store, I had an epiphany:  I LOVE FOOD.  Just kidding, I already knew that.  The epiphany was to get a chalkboard and use chalk to make a changeable sign.  What a concept!  (I had this epiphany at the grocery store because recently our local Piggly Wiggly remodled, and added a chalkboard calendar to the wall near the check-outs.  We happened to be shopping on the day that the chalk artist came in and redid the calendar for the next month.  I can't help where lightening strikes.)
So, at the most recent Hobby Lobby sale, I bought some gorgeous artist chalk and a chalkboard, and while the kids ran around and played (and tried to get their muddy fingers on MY chalk) I made my first sign.  I was going to do some sort of "Ode to Spring", but decided to celebrate my husband's birthday instead.
And there's the finished piece, hung above the refrigerator.  I'll be scouring the internet soon to find the next literary quotation to grace my wall.

2 comments:

~ Tandis ~ said...

WE ARE LOVING the weather too except our yard is a bit too squishy to play in without becoming covered in mud.

Love the new sign! :)

Jessica said...

How about my old standby; "Spring is sprung, the grass is riz, I wonder where the flowers is?"