School Projects

Fun Projects

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Paper People

Yesterday I was feeling a bit guilty for spending so much time the past few weeks on my own projects and letting the kids fend mostly for themselves with crayons and stickers.  Not that they seemed to mind, but we had some time in the afternoon so I decided to do one of my favorite art projects from childhood.  It turned out to be a little bit beyond their skill range, but since it involved scissors, glue and colored paper, they didn't really care.
Did you know that cutting really is easier if you have your mouth open?  Try it sometime if you don't believe me!
Putting caps on markers is tough when you are cross-eyed and forget to put on your glasses.
Poor Blair, she has to get strapped into her highchair, or else she gets very involved in the process.  By involved I mean she exerts every possible physical effort to climb onto the table and sit on the markers in the middle of it.
So, what did we make?  Paper sculpture people.  Brynnie's is a very obvious Pink Princess, mine is a pirate (although the picture doesn't do justice to his three-cornered, feather bedecked hat), and Ian's is a soldier.
We had a lot of fun, and now I can do a few more of my own projects guilt free!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Ooooh, I forgot about that project. That IS a good one. Loved your comments about the kids.

~ Tandis ~ said...

Great idea.
Had to laugh at the Brynn cross eye'd comment.
Blair, not sure she considers her situation so boring. hahaha.