School Projects

Fun Projects

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Countdown to Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is two weeks away, so we decided it was time to get out the Valentine's Day decorations. I like to do different decorations each month during the winter, because winter around here is so grey and we need something cheery in the house.
The heart garland is a new addition this year.
(I wish I could remember which blog I got the idea from, but I can't)
The little mailboxes gave me an idea:
A countdown to Valentine's Day.
Each day until February 14 I am going to put a little something in each of the kid's mailboxes.
They will know the surprise has arrived when the little flag on the side of the box is up.


First I had to personalize Blair's box.
I really should stop free-handing these things, since I seem to be terrible at centering.


Today the surprise was a little lame, since I spent most of my time setting up the decorations and making the heart banner, in addition to putting on and taking off snowsuits.

Even so, candy is always a hit with my kids.


1 comment:

Jessica said...

You are such a creative mommy. Nothing wrong with using hearts to help center things, either. ;) It's nice to celebrate other holidays since you so cruelly don't celebrate halloween.