School Projects

Fun Projects

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I Did It Myself!

If you've been following my posts, you know that the past few weeks have been spent preparing for my little sister Margo's wedding.
The momentous occasion came off beautifully this past Saturday.
Congratulations Jon and Margo.

With this major project completed, I had time today to accomplish something else that has been waiting since Christmas. I decided to take on power tools and get Blair's Christmas present shelves up on the walls of her room. Thankfully the shelves came with detailed instructions, so once I figured out how to change bits and use the "chock key" I was able to hang them with a lot less trouble then I thought. Here is my very first fully-installed screw!
Once the shelves were hung, I was finally able to display Blair's other Christmas present: her name letters.





To complete that corner, I hung this Claude Monet painting that used to hang in our bathroom.
The other two shelves went up in the other corner of the room, along with these jars and buckets I've had waiting to use. Eventually I am going to fill them with silk Crazy Daisies.

The Girl's Room (where neither girl currently sleeps) is finally starting to come together. Now I just have to get rid of the extra furniture that is being stored in there!


UndertheTableandDreaming



5 comments:

~ Tandis ~ said...

What a pretty little girl room :)
You will have to give me drill lessons.

Jessica said...

Really, really cute. I remember the first time I tried to use the drill. I didn't know about the little key/screw thingy that tightens the bit in place. Oh my, what a disaster in a newly plastered wall. Good thing I DO know how to patch holes in plaster!

Bassett said...

Very nice, Dana! I was noticing all those little decor items over the weekend, now I see what they were for! Where will we sleep when we come if there is no futon in there?
Hmm...

Very nice little girl bedroom!
Brynn and Blair will really enjoy it!

Aaron said...

"Chuck key", is I think what you are looking for... :)

Mindy said...

U. R. Amazing. Can hardly wait to see pics of all the cousins in their matching clothes! Our family was SO sad to not be there. My girls were kinda' moping this weekend.