School Projects

Fun Projects

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas is Coming: Day 15 & 16

Yesterday and today were all about finishing up those things that have been hanging over my head. Like Christmas shopping. I am not a person who finishes Christmas shopping months in advance, but I do like to be finished at least several days before Christmas. Yesterday I got most of it done, and tonight I'll finish up the bits that were hindered by having certain young people with me.

We also started the last of the major Christmas projects yesterday. I found about a bazillion ideas for coasters made from tiles on Pinterest, so I yesterday I cut up some old Christmas bags and mod podged them onto tiles. Then I sprayed them with some spray Art Sealer I had on hand. Today I glued felt to the back so they don't scratch table tops.

My little helper, Blair, wanted to see what was going on up on the table SO BAD!!!

Brynn helped by making lots and lots of Christmas Cards.

Ian had a project all his own. Using special markers made for glass he decorated 10 mugs and 1 bowl with special Christmas messages. It was a real test of his writing and concentrating skills. Here are the results of the our labors over the past two days (including the Kolste Christmas Letter signed and folded - waiting for the pictures to arrive):
I think we can take the rest of the evening off and go for a drive to look at Christmas Lights.
Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Bassett said...

Wow, got lots done! =)
I am also waiting on photos to send my Christmas cards.
It's neat to see the kids helping make stuff like cards and mugs. Cute!

~ Tandis ~ said...

My word woman! You put me to shame! That's quite the stack of accomplishment. Your kids are going to turn out to be artists. :)

My little Penguin was awfully cute. :) Give her kisses for me.

Jessica said...

Oooh, pick me, pick me! I love those coasters and mugs!

Mindy said...

You are SO fun! I love the idea of letting kids write on things, their immature handwriting is SO adorable!

Let me know if your coasters turn out. We made them one year, but my cup always sticks to the modge-podge side so I have to turn it over to use it.

Way to go, Dana!