School Projects

Fun Projects

Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Is Coming: Day 2

With the Christmas tree up, it was time to move on to making some new ornaments. I'm not one for a themed Christmas tree, so each year I have my kids make new ornaments. We also pick out a store-bought ornament each year, but that is a blog for a different day.
This year I found a fun idea (Pinterest, maybe?) using pine cones and pompoms. It was so easy I barely had to supervise!

All you do is dip the pompoms in Elmer's glue and shove them into the openings of pine cones. Mine came from Wal-Mart, so the cones even smelled of cinnamon!

After all the glue dried, we wrapped pipe cleaners around the top to use as hangers.
Brynnie was proud to have done it "All by mySELF!!!"
(Ian was involved, but he wasn't in a very photogenic mood)
Now our tree has something new for the year!
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

~ Tandis ~ said...

They are very cute! I wish I had room to hang them somewhere.