School Projects

Fun Projects

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas is Coming: Day 7

I know, I know, today is December 8th. Sorry about that, but yesterday's project - or maybe I should say event - happened so late in the day that I didn't have time to write about it on the appropriate day. Day 7 was not spent decorating our house or making fun little craft items. It didn't even involve yummy smells and tastes coming from the oven. Instead, we went and rang our jingle bells beside the Salvation Army's red bucket at the local Kmart.

When the MOPS (Mothers Of Preschoolers) group I belong to decided to take a bell-ringing shift as a sort of service project, I thought it would be a good way to show my kids that Christmas is about much more then just "getting ready to get stuff and then getting the stuff." We were able to have several good conversations about appreciating what we have and also about caring for people who are less fortunate then we are as a result of this little effort.

Mostly, though, the kids just had a blast ringing their bells and driving the poor Kmart cashiers crazy with their noise.

Ian could NOT understand why so many grownups turned down his offers of candy. What is WRONG with those people?Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You can really tell Blair was coming down with a cold; her face is puffy. :(

Nice "project," by the way.